How can you secure the future of the Welsh Language?
A gift in your will to Dyfodol i’r Iaith could make a real difference to the future of the Welsh language in your community and throughout Wales.
Dyfodol i’r Iaith was established to ensure that the Welsh language is central to Welsh life and that the language remains a live issue on the political agenda. Through constitutional means, we lobby the Welsh Government and Local Government, political parties, leaders of public bodies and others, to place the Welsh language at the heart of their policies, legislation and activities.
We have already been influential in many of the Welsh Government’s decisions since our establishment in 2012:
- Establishing a dozen Welsh Language Centres
- Establishing a 2nd popular Welsh-language radio station
- Ensuring that Welsh is a consideration in housing development
- Establishing a National Centre for Learning Welsh
- Ensuring greater emphasis on Welsh in the community and education
- Establishing the principle of holistic language planning in relation to the Welsh language
– but a great deal remains to be done. We believe that it is necessary:
- To establish a comprehensive Welsh Language Planning Body which will co-ordinate long term language policy in all sectors: education, the workplace, leisure and planning.
- For Wales to adopt policies that give the Welsh language a prominent role within the education system, the workplace, the community and the home
- to lobby all political parties to be effective and influential
As an independent and impartial organisation, Dyfodol i’r Iaith is financially dependent on the support of individuals who share our vision.
Leaving a Gift in your Will to Dyfodol i’r Iaith could make a real difference.
How to leave a Gift in your Will to Dyfodol i’r Iaith?
It is straightforward and we suggest that you discuss it with your family and contact a solicitor. It will be very important to include the following information:
- Name of organisation: Dyfodol i’r Iaith Cyf
- Registered Company Number: 08102569
- Organisation Address: PO Box 180, Carmarthen SA31 9EN
If you have already made a will, you may not need to make any changes and you can ask a professional such as a solicitor to add an amendment (codicil) to it.
What are the options?
After taking care of your family and loved ones in your will, you could consider leaving Dyfodol i’r Iaith:
- A specific sum of money
- A small percentage (residual gift) of your estate; the benefit of this is that you would not need to amend your will to keep up with inflation
- A specific item, e.g. a work of art or piece of jewellery
You can discuss all possible options with your solicitor.
Thank you, as you make difficult personal decisions, for considering contributing positively to the long-term prosperity of the Welsh language.
We all wish to see the Welsh language thrive and to be proud together that we have contributed positively to the future of the language.
If you wish to discuss this matter further or require further information, please contact Meinir James, Development Officer – Dyfodol i’r Iaith- [email protected] or telephone 07399 355790